Pros and Cons of Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a great way for businesses to boost lead generation and sales. However, as with any other business model, there are some drawbacks to consider.
• The entry barrier is low. Affiliate marketing is simple to start and requires little initial and ongoing investment.
• Model based on results. It’s a great model for entrepreneurs and businesses because you only pay when you get results.
• Flexibility. As an affiliate marketer, you can promote whatever products you want and tailor your campaigns to your target audience.
• Unfavorable conditions. Many affiliate programs have unfavorable commission structures or demand high conversion rates before payment is made.
• Competition. The affiliate marketing market is highly competitive due to its low barrier to entry.
• Creativity is restricted. You may be limited to promoting the products and services offered by the brand with which you are affiliated.